Thursday, July 10, 2014

Music is my first love…Kona

Photo: Ridwan Adid Rupon

Popular singer Kona is a household name among music lovers of the country. Albums apart, she is now busy with TV programmes, live performances, playbacks and jingles. In a recent interview with The Daily Star, the artiste spoke on various facets of her musical life. You have been a professional singer for a while now; what does music mean to you?
Kona: I view music as an inseparable part of my life, just like my limbs are to the body. Music gives me energy to work in full swing. Music is my first love.
Are you working on a new album right now?
Kona: I'm occupied with TV programmes, playbacks and jingles at the moment. I plan to release the album this year in collaboration
with a number of composers.
Was being a singer part of your plan all along?
Kona: I have no regrets with my career; I wanted to be an artiste since my childhood days. I can't think of anything other than music when I perform on stage. However, when I'm not performing, I am just a very ordinary girl.
Tell us something not a lot of your fans know about you.
Kona: I have sung in Sinhalese language.
Which is your favourite medium to perform?
Kona: I have taken part in stage shows, TV programmes and playbacks. Of them, stage shows are my favourite. But performing on TV is something I also enjoy a lot.
How do you usually communicate with your fans?
Kona: Through social media, like Facebook. Apart from this, I mingle with people at album launches.
Do you have plans to tie the knot any time soon?
Kona: There's no rush. Moreover, I believe it depends on luck and my parents' wishes. I don't want to be hurried into it.
Which is your favourite team at the FIFA World Cup?
Kona: Although I do watch football on occasion, my favourite sport is cricket. I don't support any team, but my entire family supports Argentina.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment